Copyright © 2016 by Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary · All Rights Reserved · This firm's U.S. legal practice is regulated by both the Florida Bar and the Ohio Supreme Court
American Attorney Services, Our Offices 1, Yeowood Farm, Iwood Lane, Wrington, Bristol, BS40 5NU, United Kingdom
Tel: 01934 837280 Web: www.americanattorneyservices.co.uk E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Bristol, UK based US law firm offering legal services in both the USA and UK.
This firm's legal services are regulated by the Florida Bar and the Ohio Supreme Court. Its notarial services are regulated by the Florida Department of State.
Call us today: UK: 01934 837280 US: 239-443-4549
The following disclosures are made further to the Duties of Service Providers under the United Kingdom's Provision of Services Regulations 2009 and the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013:
1. Contact Details: The geographic address and contact details for American Attorney Services are as follows:
Address: Our Offices, Yeowood Farm, Iwood Lane, Wrington, Bristol, BS40 5NU, United Kingdom
Telephone: 01934 837280
2. Legal Status and Form: Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary is an authorised non-SRA sole trader authorised to practise by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury, being one of the other approved regulators under the Legal Services Act 2007. In the practice of US law (including practice as a Florida lawyer, Florida civil law notary, and as an Ohio lawyer), this firm trades as "American Attorney Services".
3A. Professional Regulation: Florida & Ohio, USA: Kevin Michael Burke is licensed to practice the law of the states of Florida and Ohio under the professional title, "attorney-at-law". in his US practice Kevin Michael Burke is regulated by the two U.S. jurisdictions in which he is admitted. His Florida practice is regulated by the Florida Bar whose address is 651 E. Jefferson Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300, USA. The relevant rules and principles applicable to professional conduct are the Rules Regulating the Florida Bar. His Ohio practice is regulated by the Supreme Court of Ohio whose address is Supreme Court of Ohio, 65 South Front Street, 5th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215-3431, USA. The relevant rules and principles applicable to professional conduct are the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct. Kevin Michael Burke is not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Kevin's practice as a Florida International Notary is regulated by the Florida Department of State and not by The Florida Bar. The relevant rules and principles applicable to professional conduct as a Florida International Notary are set out in Chapter 118, Florida Statutes.
Public Register or Equivalent Identification (Florida Attorney registration): The Florida Bar
Public Register or Equivalent Identification (Ohio Attorney registration): The Supreme Court of the State of Ohio
Public Register or Equivalent Identification (Florida Civil Law Notary registration): Florida Department of State (click on link to list of civil law notary names)
3B. Professional Regulation: England & Wales, UK: Kevin Michael Burke is a lawyer in England & Wales, and an Authorised Person under the Legal Services Act 2007 in his capacity as an English Notary Public, an is authorised to undertake four of the six reserved legal activities which include: (1) reserved instrument activities (i.e. dealing with the transfer of land or property under specific legal provisions), (2) probate activities (i.e. handling probate matters for clients), (3) notarial activities (ie work governed by the Public Notaries Act 1801, and (4) the administration of oaths (i.e. taking oaths, swearing affidavits etc). The Approved Regulator of Kevin's practice as an English Notary Public is the Master of the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury, whose role as front-line regulator is confirmed by the Legal Services Act 2007, and for which the Legal Services Board, remains the over-arching regulator for legal services. The relevant rules and principles applicable are the Notaries Practice Rules 2009.
Public Register or Equivalent Identification (English Notary Public register): Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury
4A. Insurance: Florida & Ohio, USA: With regard to practice as a US attorney (Florida & Ohio) and as a Florida International Notary, the firm Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary is not subject to a requirement by the Florida Bar, the Ohio Supreme Court, or the Florida secretary of State to hold any professional liability insurance, but does in any event maintain professional indemnity insurance with AIX Specialty Insurance Company, whose address is "AIX Specialty Insurance Company, c/o The Leavitt Group of Atlanta, 2200 Century Parkway, Suite 410 Atlanta, GA 30345, USA". While global cover is provided, our terms require that any claims based on work performed as as a U.S. attorney must be brought in the state of Florida, USA.
4A. Insurance: England & Wales, UK: With regard to practice as an English Notary Public, the firm Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary is subject to the requirement of all English notaries by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury to maintain professional indemnity insurance and such is maintained with insurer Liberty Mutual Insurance Europe, whose address is "Liberty Professional Indemnity Claims, c/o Triton Global, 80 Mosley Street, St. Peter's Square, Manchester, M2 3FX, United Kingdom". While global cover is provided, claims brought in the USA and Canada are excluded.
5. VAT: VAT is not charged. Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary is not registered for VAT.
6. Data Protection: Kevin Michael Burke is registered with the Information Commissioner as a data controller; details about our registration can be viewed here under registration number ZA132781.
6. General Terms and Conditions: Our firm's general "Terms of Business" which, along with our letters of engagement address the means by which we are retained or instructed, are linked below in respect of the relevant services:
Terms of Business - Florida legal services
Terms of Business - Ohio legal services
Terms of Business - English Notary Public services
Terms of Business - Florida International Notary services
7. Further Information and Complaints: All requests for further information or any complaints about Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary should be addressed in the first instance to Kevin Michael Burke at the office address listed above under "Contact Details".
If you are remain unsatisfied with our response to your complaint, then in relation to matters of Florida law, the relevant authority to contact is the Florida Bar at 651 E. Jefferson Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300, USA.
In relation to matters of Ohio law, the relevant authority is the Supreme Court of Ohio, 65 South Front Street, 5th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215-3431, USA.
In relation to Florida International Notary matters, the relevant authority is the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations, P.O. Box 6327, Tallahassee, FL 32314, USA.
In relation to English Notary Public Matters, the relevant authority to contact is the Secretary of The Notaries Society at the following address: Christopher Vaughan, The Secretary, The Notaries Society, Old Church Chambers, 23 Sandhill Road, St James Northampton NN5 5LH. Email : email@example.com, Tel : 01604 758908. This will be dealt with in conjunction with the Faculty Office, 1 Sanctuary, London SW1P 3JT, England. At the conclusion of the matter, complaintant has the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman for the Legal Services Board as notified by the Faculty Office.
8. The following disclosures are made further to Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013:
Information to be communicated before contract formation:
• Who the supplier is, and their address (if payment is made up front): See above. Supplier is Kevin Michael Burke, Attorney & Notary and in the provision of US legal or notarial services, this firm trades as American Attorney Services. Our address is Our Offices 1 & 2, Yeowood Farm, Iwood Lane, Wrington, Bristol, BS40 5NU.
• A description of the goods or service : We provide a wide variety of legal and notarial services. These services may be performed for clients locally or for those whom we do not meet. In some cases the legal work may be performed and delivered. The particular legal and/or notarial services vary in relation to the area of law and jurisdiction. Such is further described in the relevant letter of engagement for that particular type of work which is sent to prospective clients before a contract is formed. Terms of Business are also sent which address standard matters and procedures as opposed to the letter of engagement which should relate to the particular type of work to be done.
• The cost, inclusive of any tax : The cost varies in relation to the particular legal or notarial service. The cost will be set out in the relevant letter of engagement for the particular legal or notarial service . Dependent on the particular area of law, we may charge an hourly rate, a set fee, or this may be you choice. There is no VAT charged.
• How payment should be made and how the goods or services will be delivered : Payment may be made by card (if paying in person), cash, wire transfer, paypal, or check.
• Notification of the right of cancellation: If we have not met with you in person at our offices then The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 may apply to this matter. This means you have the right to cancel your instructions to us within fourteen days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire fourteen days after the date of our initial communication with you. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, facsimile or email) using the contact details on our letter. Where we are acting for joint individuals you will each need to sign a separate cancellation notice. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired. If you asked us to begin work on your matter during the cancellation period, as happened here, we reserve the right to ask you to pay us an amount which is in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your cancellation, in comparison with the full coverage of the retainer.
• How long the contract offer is valid for: We have to date never had offers available for only a limited time, but in the event such is made available this would be set out alongside the terms of any such offer.
• How long the contract will last, if it is not a one-off performance: Any quoted figure in a letter of engagement will expire in six months after the date of the letter.
EU SERVICES DISCLOSURE
Being a small firm, we are committed to our clients. Being international in outlook, we provide our personal attention to British, Irish, US, and other multinational individual and corporate clients in both domestic and cross-border matters between the US and the UK. These matters include various “inbound” British law matters and “outbound” US matters. By way of example, we help UK and other European businesses who wish to set up in the US, assist UK and other European resident individuals and businesses in purchasing property or businesses in Florida. Depending on the particular US state, we can help in the incorporation of a new US business, deal with disputes and assist in ensuring the necessary documentation is executed, completed correctly, and notarised where required so as to be accepted in the US. In all our matters, we seek to provide a pragmatic approach and utilise our extensive experience to create solutions. For many of our professional legal colleagues in the US and UK, because of our ability to provide legal services of both jurisdictions, we are often the first port of call for transactions involving US and UK entities.